Friday, September 12, 2014

Two New Green Smoothie Recipes

It's been a while since I've posted any green smoothie recipes here on the blog.  For a while, during all of our traveling before we got to Japan, I wasn't drinking them as regularly and I was really missing them.  But, I knew it would be a while (after we got here) until all of our household goods would arrive (they finally got here on Monday--2.5 months after everything was moved out of our house inTexas!), so we made sure to mail ourselves our Vitamix ahead of time so that it would be ready and waiting for us when we arrived.  And I'm so glad we did!  I am back in my daily green smoothie mode!

I love the way my body feels when I regularly drink my smoothies.  They give me noticeably more energy during the day (in the mornings especially), I feel so much lighter and healthier when I drink them, as opposed to eating something else for breakfast, and they really aid in digestion.  Plus, if I'm ever having an unhealthy eating day, I can blend myself up a smoothie for the next meal and feel like I'm sort of making up for it :)  Even if I can't undo what I've eaten, I can at least boost my nutrient and fiber intake!


So, anyway, recently I've come up with two new favorite recipes!  And my kids have LOVED both of them.  Here they are:

Berry Mango

1/2 Cup Red Grapes
2 Cups Spinach
1 Cup Mango
1/2 Cup Blackberries
1/2 Cup Blueberries
1 Cup Pineapple
1 1/2 Cups Water

Place in blender and blend until smooth!

*I used all frozen fruit, except for the grapes and spinach*

Berry Berry

1 Cup Red Grapes
2 Cups Spinach
1/2 Apple
1/2 Cup Blackberries
1/2 Cup Blueberries
1 Cup Strawberries
1 1/2 Cups Water

Place in blender and blend until smooth!

*In this recipe, I used fresh grapes and apples, but the rest (including the spinach!) was frozen*

No comments:

Post a Comment